Monday, September 12, 2011

Coming Back

So, I haven't been on here in a while. Life has been busy. Between the beginning of May and the end of October I will have gone from engaged college student to Married, House-renter, with 4 months in a steady job. This blog has become lost in the fray.

This past Friday was Mock Turtle Soup's first show since my leaving. It was also my first show as an audience member. 2 things.

1) What a great show. Really funny.
2) I felt so old.

To be fair, I'm younger than 3 of the 8 remaining members on the team. But they're all still drinking from the improv fountain of youth. I'm glad that I went, but part of me wishes I had waited a few months or so.

It would have made me feel better about the complete lack of familiar faces in the audience. Or the urge to be up on the stage with the guys. Or the kudos and notes and things from watching after 2 years of directing.

Ultimately, I'm glad I went. The best consolation was the show quality leaves no doubt in my mind that they'll do just fine without me. Party on, guys.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you, brother. I didn't go to many shows after I graduated. Sometimes you have to gracefully let things end.

    ReplyDelete